Welcome to Cherish Bound!

1. Cherish Bound is all about helping you find, capture, and share the memories and stories of your lives.
2. Cherish Bound knows the importance of recording your stories for your family to enjoy now, and for future generations.
3. Cherish Bound offers a unique way to preserve your memories and stories - beautifully bound books that are much more than just photo books.
4. Cherish Bound offers a full line of story "helps"; workbooks, calendars, journals, and more!
5. Cherish Bound specializes in easy, fun, fast ways to record your memories.
6. Cherish Bound offers one-on-one service: a personal consultant to help in any way you need. You don't have to be an expert to make beautifully bound memories - if you need help, I'm there.
7. I offer workshops, leading you personally, step-by-step through the writing and creative process. You won't be on your own.
8. Cherish Bound is dedicated to helping bright, fun, energetic women (and men) have successful businesses of their own - it's the best home-based business model I've seen. I'm looking for people interested in being on the Utah team - a team that will grow faster than you can blink an eye! Come on... be part of something incredible!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Christmas Gifts - Tribute to Someone Dear

Idea #2 - A Tribute

I know I've blogged about this kind of book before, but I just finished a book that I'm so excited about. I submitted it last week and it's on it's way here right this minute, so I don't have any pictures of it. I'm hoping that the person I did this book for never reads this blog, because the book is a surprise for Christmas...

It's a tribute to someone very special in my life. A few years ago, I did a Tribute for each of my grandmothers, and the reaction was priceless. They just couldn't believe they were in a book! Here are some pictures of these beautiful books (they match because I also gave them to my parents and I wanted them to look nice together on the bookshelf...

I was lucky to have lots of wonderful pictures from their childhood days...

I even was able to scan things like their marriage certificates...

I added current family photos of kids, grandkids, and their families...

Even though many of the pictures I had were color, I chose to make all of them black and white - to make the book flow a little better...

A few pointers for "Tribute" books. Get other people to help you with the stories. Cherish Bound has a wonderful product for this - it is called Tribute Lifeprints. These are a collection of "story leaves" - 16 in all - that are all the same. You hand these out to 16 different people, and they use these "leaves" to write about the person. This is what the Tribute Lifeprints look like...

And here is the inside of one of the "story leaves" - It has 10 questions they can choose from, and a place to write their answers...

After you gather these back up from everyone, use them to write a tribute to the person. Gather pictures, and stories and when you've got everything ready, make your book. This is one of the best presents I've ever given! I wish I could tell you all about the one I just finished, but that will have to wait until after Christmas. By-the-way, once I made the book for my grandmothers, I was able to order copies for all of their kids! How easy is that?! Then, if any of my cousins ever want one of these beautiful books, they just have to go onto Cherish Bound's website and enter the number found on the back of the book - pay for it, and then they'll get it in the mail in about 2 weeks.

If you are interested in doing one of the books for your special someone, contact me at kara at cherishbound dot com, and I'll get you set up with your own publishing account (free). There is still plenty of time before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment